Learn To Make Rag Rugs...
Learn to Make a Rag-Rug In A Day!
Join Wild Harvest for a fun, informative day-course to learn two types of rag-rugging method but hear about more, after a brief design session you will practice the two types of rag rugging – Clippy and Hooky then choose or combine both methods to begin your first work of art made from old clothes. You don’t have to make a rug you can choose to create a wall hanging, cushion cover or a bag.
Perfect for when you have clothes that are too scruffy to give to charity but you don’t like to bin them, this makes it a great craft for parents who can make a memory mat for their children using their old clothes.
Wild Harvest run these courses over winter as rag rugging is an ideal cosy hearth craft. A perfect craft for non sewing folk, rag rugging uses only natural hessian as the backing (provided) and can be finished with the simplest of overstitch or even bondaweb.
Tools, hessian and refreshments provided. Courses take place in York unless you would like to book Wild Harvest to come to your venue.
- In business for 14 years teaching rural skills and foraging
- Previously ran walks for Forestry Commission
- Member of the Association of Foragers
- Qualified Adult Education Teacher
- Calm and Patient
- Wilderness First Aid Qualified
- Archery GB instructor
- Fully Insured with Specialist Outdoor Pursuits Insurer
- Lived Off-Grid raising three children alone in a remote caravan
- Asked to do talks around the country/media interviews on all aspects of self-reliance and natural lifestyle
What You Get for £43:
- Comprehensive Tuition
- All materials
- Tool Use
- Photos of the day to download
- Ample Free parking
- A rag rug for life!
- The knowledge to have a go at home
- The option to buy more hessian at cost
- Date: Sun 23rd Feb 2020
- Time: 10am – 5.30pm
- Venue: Wild Harvest, YO42 4TA
- Free Parking and Loo available.
A Brief History of Rag Rugging. Before wall-to-wall carpets the working class families of Britain would've blocked out the cold from the floor using home-made rugs assembled from rags of cloth that were torn from old clothes, bedding, coats and household items. I like...
Enjoy Crafts? Learn To Become a Wild Harvest Accredited Activities ProviderTrain to Teach Groups in Your Area
Become an Accredited Wild Harvest Activities Provider teaching bite sized natural crafts sessions to groups in your area. Be self-employed with flexible hours and a great hourly rate working with lovely people. Wild Harvest Activities Franchise opportunities for £1300 (special New Year offer) QUOTE NY1 when you enquire