Self-Reliance Craft Retreat
This course is cram-packed with bite-sized craft workshops and talks on all things natural and self-reliance with the aim of empowering you to provide for yourself and your family in the realms of food, health and household needs.
Self-Reliance Craft Retreats
- Natural Beekeeping
- Permaculture Gardening
- Instinctive Archery
- Wild Medicine
- Wild Food Foraging
- How to Make Natural Toiletries
- A Leather Notebook
- A Tincture
- Lip balm
- Bath Bombs
- A Willow Basket
- A Rag Rug
- A Yoga Session
- 30 mins of Head Massage, Reflexology or Kinesiology
- Campfire friendships
- Chef made plant-based two course lunches
- Wood Fired Hot Tub Session
- Books/Magazine library of self-sufficiency books
- Help yourself to Herb Teas from the Garden
“We just wanted to say a huge thank you for such a fantastic weekend on the self-sufficiency craft camp. It was everything we hoped it would be, and more! You made us feel so welcome and relaxed from the minute we arrived and we loved the range of activities that were involved. We’ve come away feeling relaxed and happy to have learned so much, and to have made many new friends 🙂 We’re really impressed with our goody bag of homemade crafts that we got to take home afterwards too! We’ve already enjoyed the candles, ointments and bath bombs since returning home.” Gabbi
“Fantastic weekend at the Self Sufficiency Retreat, with a good balance of learning new skills and relaxation. Di is friendly, welcoming and very knowledgeable, and her passion is inspiring. Would highly recommend to those looking for a week away from the pace of modern life, learning traditional, practical skills and enjoying the natural environment that’s all around us but often overlooked.” Adam
“Your excellent teaching and ability to pass on knowledge has allowed me to produce natural toiletries that are better for my body. You inspired me to look further into natural remedies and I am now producing massage oils for my mum and husband which aim to ease their arthritis” . Sally
- 14 Years in business
- Over 150 Crafts Retreat Graduates
- Member of Glamping Association
- Member of Permaculture Association
- Member of Association of Foragers
- Highly Qualified/Experienced Tutors
- Qualified Archery GB Instructor
- Visit York Highly Commended
- 5* Rated
- Featured in Grazia as top nine glamping/activities provider
- Considered National expert in Natural lifestyle.
- 3 x chef-made plant-based two course lunches
- 30 min therapy session
- 1 x yoga session
- 1 x instinctive archery session
- Loo Roll, wipes, soap, shower gel
- Logs, kindling, candles, firelighters
- Washing up items
- Wood-fired hot tub evening
- 4 x breakfasts
- Money for two pub meals
- Bag of rags for rag rugging
- Glass jar for tincture making
- Veggie BBQ food for the first lunch
- A friendly disposition
- Monday 18th March to Friday 22nd March 2019
- Monday 8th July to Friday 12th July 2019
- Monday 16th Sept to Friday 20th Sept 20109
- Times: Arrive for meet and greet between 11am and 12 noon on Monday, departing 5pm on the Friday
- Who: You – Come alone or bring a friend or buy as a gift (printed vouchers available)
- Venue: Wild Harvest, York, YO424TA
- Price: £329 To Book Click Button Below.
Growing up with an Industrial Chemist I decided to email my Dad a couple of years ago to ask: "which chemicals could start a fire?" For example could glycerine and potassium permanganate work - an article I had read online suggested so? This was his reply... "Hi...
It sounds simple but ‘What is a Candle?’ A candle is a combination of fuel and wick, add a third component, fire, to give long-lasting light. Before electric this is all there was to enable our ancestors to see after dark, we know this already BUT did you know that:...
Basket Weaving Basket-making really is a cradle-to-grave skill. Baskets are used from birth as moses baskets to carry newborns and then throughout life to collect wild food, cook in, eat from, shop with, sit on, right up until our death, where we can even be buried...
Well, as mentioned before Christmas, Wild Harvest was going into a winter sleep to re-emerge in Spring re-branded, bigger and better. After designing our own new logo the matching website is finally up and running and since then we have been busy creating and...
Welcome to the first blog post of the Wild Harvest School of Self Reliance. We are a Yorkshire-based organisation offering training and education in self reliance and self sufficiency skills. Our experienced teachers and tutors are passionately committed to empowering...