Train To Teach Wild Harvest Activities to Groups In Your Area
No Teaching Experience Needed Full Training Given
Teach Natural Crafts to Hen Parties, Baby Showers or Birthday Groups...
Or Organise Your Own Course For Individuals to Book On To.
Train to Teach Wild Harvest Activities to Groups in Your AreaFor a Saturday Hourly Rate of £100 - £300 per hour!
Run Natural Craft Parties in Your Area for Adults or Children and Get Hourly Rates of between £100 and £300!
How Will I Benefit From Being a Wild Harvest Accredited Activities Provider?
- Fourteen years of experience as a Nationally renowned Activities Provider behind you
- Regularly being featured on Wild Harvest Facebook Page and permanently on our new website.
- Training in the crafts or activities of your choice including Instinctive Archery, Introduction to Wild Food Walk and Lots of Natural Crafts
- Training in how to teach groups and find venues
- Training and ongoing help in marketing and admin
- Printables for all the important paperwork so you can focus on running the business.
- Access to our Specialist Insurance Provider and money back if you join their affiliate scheme
- Use of logo and branded paperwork
- Access to our bulk buying power for buying your initial resources.
- R.O.I on initial investment easily achieved in the first few months.
- Your own area
What we need from you.
- A car and valid driving licence
- To be physically fit and healthy (we have a 100% turn up rate)
- To be a patient, calm communicator
- To subscribe to our ethos of natural and ideally native resources only
- To attend a personalised block of two days training either at your or our venue.
- To take out public liability insurance
- To keep an efficient booking system (we can provide printables but you must keep on top of enquiries (responding within 24 hrs) and bookings)
- An upfront investment of £1200 which can be paid in three instalments. With a yearly fee of £150, after the initial year to allow us to continue to promote and advise you plus access to discounted further training options should you wish to extend your offering and all branding included.
Course ContentDuring the training you and your partner can stay in a Wooden Tipi of your own at Wild Harvest YO424TA and use the site facilities for preparing your food. Local pubs are available for evening meals. It may also be possible for Di to come to your venue to train you.
- Short introduction to foraging walk (requires an extra training block and payment).
- Instinctive archery with wooden recurve bows
- Willow star making
- Foraged Flower Natural Bath Bomb Making
- Natural Soap Making
- Boho Flower Crowns
- Beeswax candle making
- Wood-fired foraged greens pizza making
- Leather Journal Making
- Leather Pouch Making
- Natural Body Butter Making
- Tinted Beeswax Lip Balms
The Business Side
- Two sessions on Admin including looking at the whole process from enquiry via booking, to online payment.
- Two sessions on Marketing including looking at branding, your customer avatar, how to get customers and more. Bring laptops so we can help with your Facebook etc.
- Two sessions on Teaching Methods – a look at basic teaching methods and tips for running effective activity sessions.
- Homework – to revise what you learned in the first weekend so you can proceed to step five…
- Assessment and Certification – get signed off and receive your certification. If you do not pass this informal assessment (the standards for the foraging walk and archery are higher) you are able to come and re-do as many times as you wish for no extra cost.
Below Are Some of Our Existing Franchisees Starting Their Journey!Join Us for £1200
About Wild Harvest and Your Tutor Di Hammill
Wild Harvest was established by Di Hammill, a qualified teacher and doctoral research student, in the Wilderness of the North Yorks moors where she was raising her three young children alone and off-grid. Initially selling beeswax candles, hedgerow teas and cordials plus running occasional foraging walks and rural crafts classes. Di is a qualified Adult Ed. Tutor, Youth and Community Worker, Archery Instructor, Permaculture Designer and is a member of the Association of Foragers. The business, now in York, has grown significantly, attracting customers from all over the country and even last year as far as China and Dubai. Di is often asked to comment by the media and her most recent contributions are articles she has written for Landlove magazine on urban foraging and International Glamping Business Magazine on being an activities provider. She was also asked to respond to Monty Dons argument that self-sufficiency was a non-starter! Wild Harvest provide talks and workshops on all things natural lifestyle all around the country at NEC, Alexandra Palace for W.I National Show and Eco Living Show, London Business Design Centre and Harrogate International Centre for Country Living Magazine and Franchisees are encouraged to come along to shows to meet customers and get practise on National stages if they wish.
Terms and Conditions
In addition to fulfilling the ‘What We Need From You’ section above the following applies:
- The deposit is refundable if we cancel the course/provision
- We are looking for suitable matches and have a brief (5 min) survey to complete to ascertain whether you/your business is a suitable match. This can be done before or after you pay your deposit. If it is deemed not a suitable match for wildharvest.org then you will receive a full refund of any deposit.
- We allow you to choose the date of your training block. If you cannot then attend the course we will do our best to accommodate you on a different date but ultimately the responsibility to pay the balance then complete the program is down to you and if you do not pay the balance or attend the dates we cannot offer a refund as other people will have been put off to allow you to attend that session.
- Paying the course fee does not guarantee you pass however we will keep training and advising you until we feel you are ready. If we feel that despite best efforts, teaching activities to groups is not for you we reserve the right to withhold accreditation for customer safety/satisfaction and for our own reputation. We will in this instance give you a partial refund.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the use of the logo and any support if you receive reviews three reviews of less than 4* or cancel more than two sessions(there will be no refund of your fees and any payment of the yearly fee will not be reimbursed in this instance and no refund will be issued on the initial training.
- We promise to regularly promote your offering on our Facebook page (approximately monthly) and keep a summary of your offering and contact email/link from our website for the duration of your yearly subscription.
- We promise to offer ongoing advice about how to attract customers.
- We will offer opportunities for future training with us at discounted rate should you decide to learn any further activities.
- If we get group bookings for you via our website we will take a 15 % handling fee. (eg. on a booking of £300 for two hours this would be £45) You can of course get your own bookings commission free.