Learn To Weave A Willow Basket
In this fun, one day course...
Suitable for beginners...
At Only £45 for the day including materials and refreshments!
Learn to Weave A Willow Basket In A Day!
Join Wild Harvest for a fun, informative day-course to learn to weave a beautiful round willow basket. On the morning you will create the base using a pairing weave and then insert the uprights before breaking for lunch (bring your own). On the afternoon you will learn a new weave called three rod wale, which you will use to create the walls. Finally finishing off with a pretty border, some people may get to add a handle, you will get to take your complete basket home that evening! What will you put in yours? During the day, Di will talk to you about this magical and versatile material and also explain how the skills you learn in the day can be taken into the garden to make planters and fences.
- In business for 14 years teaching rural skills and foraging
- Previously ran walks for Forestry Commission
- Member of the Association of Foragers
- Qualified Adult Education Teacher
- Calm and Patient
- Wilderness First Aid Qualified
- Archery GB instructor
- Fully Insured with Specialist Outdoor Pursuits Insurer
- Lived Off-Grid raising three children alone in a remote caravan
- Asked to do talks around the country/media interviews on all aspects of self-reliance and natural lifestyle
What You Get for £48:
- Comprehensive Tuition
- All materials
- Tool Use
- Photos of the day to download
- Ample Free parking
- A basket for life!
- The knowledge to have a go at home
- The option to buy a bundle of willow at cost
- Date: Sun 17th Nov 2019
- Time: 10am – 5.30pm
- Venue: Wild Harvest, YO42 4TA
- Free Parking and Loo available.
Reviews Of Wild Harvests Willow Basket Weaving Days
Thank you for inspiring me to look to my surroundings rather than purchasing unnecessary items. With the help of Wild Harvest I have learnt how to weave baskets which now adorn every part of my home! I have made baskets for friends as presents, re-handled a neighbours herb basket to prevent wastage and even passed the skill on to other generations by teaching my nieces how to basket weave. At Christmas time I will be extending my business by making rather than buying baskets to fill, creating personalised hampers which is my business.Sally
Basket Weaving Basket-making really is a cradle-to-grave skill. Baskets are used from birth as moses baskets to carry newborns and then throughout life to collect wild food, cook in, eat from, shop with, sit on, right up until our death, where we can even be buried...
Enjoy Crafts? Learn To Become a Wild Harvest Accredited Activities ProviderTrain to Teach Groups in Your Area
Become an Accredited Wild Harvest Activities Provider teaching bite sized natural crafts sessions to groups in your area. Be self-employed with flexible hours and a great hourly rate working with lovely people. Wild Harvest Activities Franchise opportunities for £1300 (special New Year offer) QUOTE NY1 when you enquire